Well, I scraped my 'one hour a day' TV rule today for the sake of potty training. We stayed home all day, read books, watched TV, and sat on the potty (Well Skyla sat on the potty, I just sat on the couch.) Any agenda that I had for the day was put off to try and get a good start in the potty training business and it went quite well. Skyla did 2 pee-pees on the potty and kept her training panties dry until 3:30 this afternoon. I almost caught the third pee and a poop but she was interested in playing with Duncan and so I missed them both by mere minutes. I put the poop in the potty so she could see where it was supposed to go! I told her that the first accident she had that she would have to put a diaper on so we put a diaper on and she kept it almost dry until she did her third pee-pee in the potty tonight before bed time. Each time she goes pee-pee or poo-poo in the potty she gets a reward which is a sheet of Dora stickers and a Dora coloring page which she always promptly reminds me by saying "weward, weward" and going to the spare room door where they are kept. I am so proud of the quick progress she is making and I don't really have anywhere to go tomorrow so I think I might make it another day at home and do some baking with her. Wish me luck!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment