CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Our Chaotic Life!!!

So my intent was to post a blog last night but I was trying to download the pictures onto the blog and our computer was doing funny stuff. I was getting so frustrated that I just gave up and went to bed. I hate computers!



Life has seemed so chaotic and full of the unknown since moving to Regina. Don't get me wrong, I still believe it was a good move for us but still hard in some ways at the same time. For those of you who don't know after moving to Regina Skip took a casual job doing lawn care for a friend of a friend. Then after baby Duncan was born in July he took parental leave to help me out with the kids. The intent was to take a few months off before looking for another pastoral position in a church but he soon discovered that he did not want to work in a conventional church setting anymore but he wanted to start something different. Problem is he wouldn't get paid for it. So now he had to decide what he wanted to do in order to support us financially. So he enrolled in a career development program at SIAST to figure that out. He is thinking human resources but is still not entirely sure. In some ways I wish that he would have just taken another pastoral position because then life wouldn't be so uncertain and we wouldn't be dipping into our line of credit in order to pay our monthly bills. So financially life is a struggle and it is putting stress on our marriage.

Things with Duncan are stressing me out too. He has had a hacking cough and wheeze for the last 4 months. That is half his life span! I went to the walk-in clinic last Thursday and the doctor there listened to his chest and back and very quickly diagnosed him with bronchiolitis Asthma and advised me to get rid of our dogs. He then prescribed two inhalers and sent me on my way. I love our dogs and would hate to get rid of them but our son comes first. Anyway, we didn't fill the prescription because we felt that we should get a second opinion. So I made an appointment with our family doctor which we had yesterday. She said that he had a definite wheeze but didn't think it was causing him any respiratory distress but referred him to a pediatrician to find out what is going on. I just want the poor little guy to get better. So I spent the weekend madly vacuuming out every square inch of the house, and washing bedding and drapes while Skip took the kids out shopping.

These days I just feel spiritually, emotionally, and physically drained. I'm dying for the Lord to breath some life into my soul but lately I just feel like God is just a distant, disinterested God. I haven't felt close to Him for some time now and I don't know how to get that back. Skip tells me to keep on praying but how do I pray when I honestly don't feel like God even cares? Anyway, enough of my rambling. There are good things in my life, I'll admit that. Skip and the kids are what keep me going.

Here are some pictures of them and what they have been up to lately.






Skyla is here playing with her playmobil in the sunlight of the kitchen. She is really starting to become imaginative and interactive when playing with her toys these days. I love it! It makes me smile just watching her play.


Here she is sitting with Luna eating her bunny grahams. She had them in the living room but I think she just likes sitting in the sun like Luna does. How precious!


Well, we have started to potty train and not just casually anymore. This is the real deal. I think she is ready because she always tells me just before she goes that she is going. She will say "I poo-poo potty.", but what she really means is 'I poo-poo diaper!' and she uses the word poo for pee as well. They are one and the same. Yesterday morning was our first day starting and she actually went pee pee in the potty. When she was finished we took her off the potty and showed her what she had done and she was so proud! So today we went out and bought some training pants! How exciting.


Daddy found these sun glasses in the Costco cart. They were bent but mommy bent them back into shape and Skyla just loves them. Maybe Daddy should have brought them to the desk at Costco but 'finders keepers losers weepers' right? I hope whoever owns them doesn't read this. Oops!!!

Skyla is dreaming of spring time. She always wants to go outside when it is really cold. I feel bad telling her that she can't. Look at those skinny little legs! She is just like mommy.


Duncan crawled over to the dogs water dish and started playing in it. Oopsie. Skyla always scolds him! How cute!


Skyla is such a clown. She has such a good sense of humor. I just love her developing little personality.


She just loves her little brother and he loves her. Here they are showing each other some affection!



Here they are together probably watching Dora or one of Skyla's other favorites! Maybe Barney or Mulan. But they look so happy together!







1 comments:

Anna-b-bonkers said...

I keep coming back and have ben meaning to comment and then something happnes..so here I am at last!!
I totally hear you on the God part. It is not that I don't feel close to him but that I seem to go through fazes. Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't answer my prayers even thoug I know that he is over all and can see the whole picture.
I try to live in the 'now' and maybe that is my issue.

I have been also so frustrated since moving here with trying to find a church. We have a kinda given up and stay home most of the time. It is depressing because we feel like we are loosing a very important connection, and the encouragement too.
Anyway, more to talk about on Tuesday, yay, i can hardly wait!