Do you ever have those times where it seems like everything happens at once and life just takes over? Well, the past couple of weeks have been like that for us. That is why I have not posted a blog in so long. But I have some time to myself tonight and I wanted to get you up to date in everything that has been happening in our lives and there has been a lot or so it seems.
At the end of March Duncan had his pediatrician appointment to see about his wheezing and cough. Sure enough Duncan has Asthma. The doctor said that he may just grow out of it. I hope that is the case. As a mom I think that you just want your kids to be healthy all around. I know that a lot of kids have much worse problems but this is my reality and I won't negate it.
Thursday night at about 10:30 Duncan woke up with a cough that sounded like a seal barking. Skip rushed in to get him and he quickly got worse. He was gasping for air and looking at me in horror. I was so frightened. I didn't know what was going on with my little boy. So Skip rushed him to emergency. While in the van he seemed to get much better. It turns out that he has croup. They gave him some medicine to open the airway and right away he was doing much better. Skip brought him home sound asleep in his car seat and I breathed a sigh of relief that my baby boy was going to be okay. Apparently children with Asthma are more susceptible to croup. It is times like these that you cherish your children the most when you fear that you might lose them or that they may be seriously ill.
Potty training with Skyla has gone very well and it seems as though she is about 75% trained! She even stayed dry two nights in a row and went three full days without any accidents! And she is wearing big girl panties all day long now! She just makes me so proud. She did all this in less than a month from when we started seriously training. I gave her a ballet barbie for her first full day staying dry and clean. Her face just lit up with pride! She is growing up so quickly and I really have to slow down to catch all the precious moments. Sometimes it is so hard to set aside the unimportant to take time for the priorities. I have so many things that I want to and need to do but I am learning balance and that the dishes can wait so I can spend time with my children.
Skip cut down a tree in our back yard the other day. That was his very first time using a chain saw! Yikes! Every time things got silent out there I would rush to the window to make sure he was okay and hadn't either cut of an arm or fallen out of the tree. We have a lot of work to do out there to get things up to snuff and looking good. We are going to try a garden again this year and we talked about things we would do differently so that things would actually grow this time. We even planted our tomatoes indoors already! I am excited about having Skyla help me out in the garden this year.
Last weekend Skip's best friend Derek and his wife and children were in Regina from Winnipeg. We had supper at his parents place with them. It was a good time. They have a son named Wil who is eight, a daughter named Kate who is six, and a son named Thomas who is two. The kids played while the adults talked.
My health hasn't been that great lately. For those of you who don't know, I have Crohns Disease which is a disease of the large intestines. I was diagnosed about six years ago and was basically in remission without any symptoms for the last three years or so. But after having my son Duncan I started to experience gradually worsening and more frequent symptoms. It got pretty bad in November-December but then kind of got better up until around late February. I have lost close to 10 pounds in the last couple of months. So I went to the specialist and he advised me to have everything checked out again. So I go for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy on Monday, April 7. I have to fast with only clear fluids for 48 hours before the procedure. It has been tough on me so far and I am praying that the procedures will go well and that the doctors will figure things out to get me healthy again.
I having been meeting up for play dates with Anna a follow blogger from Borderline Bonkers. This has been a breath of fresh air to meet up with someone who has kids the same age and we can share stories and exchange advice. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy myself on these play dates!
So this has been our life for the past couple of weeks. I will leave you with some pictures to enjoy. Sorry, no pictures of the play dates because every time I would either forget my camera or the card would be full. I will to try to have some next time. 












3 comments:
Your Mom gave us your blog address. It was great to have an update about what is happening in your life. We have been praying for you and your family ... with all that is going on. Hope we can keep in touch this way!
Crystal
Aww I love the little coffee cup!
I hope Monday goes well and the Dr's have solutions for you. I have a few aunts that suffer the same disease and they seem to go through rough and good times too. Not fun! We will be praying for you.
The part about you rushing to the window every time it got quiet when Skip was tree cutting cracked me up....so me!
Hey Mel
Very cool new wall paper!! And today is a good internet day - I got all the pictures and in record time to boot - I even got to go back and look at some of the Easter ones that I missed. Skyla is looking so grown up since I last saw her (Duncan too).
I pray that your test on Monday went well and that you get your results soon - even if you don't post on the blog, please let me know how that went. I am so sorry to hear that your symptoms came back again. I remember that life was so difficult for you last time it flared up.
Say hi to Skip!
Love ya,
Kristi
Post a Comment