CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shadows and Doorstops!

Well again it has been a very busy full couple of weeks where time just gets away from you! As I posted before two Mondays ago I had a gastroscopy and colonoscopy at the hospital. That was a very long and tiring day. We dropped the kids of at http://www.borderline-bonkers.blogspot.com/ for Anna to look after. (See the link for pictures of their time.) We got to the hospital at the early hour of 7:30 a.m. where the receptionist told us that we would probably only be there for 2-3 hours. We were so happy because my prep. papers had said 6 hours! It wasn't long before they called me in where I got a bed and they started an I.V. but I waited there for about 2 hours before I was taken into the procedure room. They then gave me what they said was a mild sedative! Then they sprayed my mouth with this awful tasting stuff and after that I don't remember anything up until they started the colonoscopy. It hurt as bad as I remember it hurting the first time. Then I remember the nurse saying that they were going to give me a bit more sedative. Then the next thing I know I am waking up in recovery at 12:30 p.m. feeling super groggy and super nauseous. But I only woke up long enough for them to tell me that my blood pressure was super low (76 over 54! Yikes!) and then I zonked right out again. Then I woke up again and had some cookies and orange juice which I almost immediately puked right up. So I laid back down till my blood pressure went up and I was feeling a bit better only to throw up yet again! By the time I was wheeled out of their it was 3:30 and I was worried about the kids only because I did not leave any extra formula for Duncan and they would both need a nap. So 8 hours later when they had said 2-3 hours! Whew, what a day!

Enough about that. On Monday Skip started his practicum placement at a company called ISC which is a crown corporation responsible for the administration of land titles, geographic information systems, surveys, mapping, and interests in personal property. There Skip will be working in the HR department setting up a new employee orientation. So far he loves it there and hopes that he will be able to stay on with them after his placement is done. Be praying for him and us as we trust God for Skip's new career.

Yesterday the temperature hit 29 degrees! Skyla and I went out to the back yard while Duncan was taking a nap and blew bubbles, kicked a ball around, and chased Zoose! We had a ton of fun! Then in the afternoon, since Skyla refused to nap, we headed off to the park to watch the ducks and geese! Sorry, no pictures as I forgot the camera at my brother and sister-in-laws since the afternoon before they threw Skip a Congrats party! Skip's brother made home-made pasta and then we had gelato for dessert. It was an Italian feast! Thanks guys!

The other day Skyla discovered her shadow for the very first time believe it or not! How priceless watching the amazement and wonder of a toddler! It made me smile from ear to ear. We danced in the sunlight, made bunny shapes, and laughed until our sides hurt!






Duncan had his first egg yolk a few days ago. He seems to really like it. I remember that Skyla used to gobble up egg and sometimes I would have to make her another one.

Skyla got two new pairs of shoes the other day. She just loves shoes! Just like her mommy! Here she is in her new running shoes which she is so proud of.



Major bed-head morning! Skyla always seems to get really messed up hair in the morning. On an adult it would look just terrible but on a toddler it is so adorable and cute!

Here is a video clip of Duncan discovering the doorstop for the first time. Too funny! He wanted to eat it!


0 comments: