CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Beef about Germs!!!

Okay! I took the kids out this morning to a public play place. I won't say the name of the place because this is not a beef against the establishment but a beef against mothers who bring their sick children to them. My seven month old son was being coughed and sneezed on by this super sick child. When I realized what was happening I raced over to cover his face with my hands so he wouldn't get sprayed with germs. In my mind it is only common courtesy to not bring your children to these places when they are sick. Call me paranoid or over-protective but when I go to these places I expect that my children will be safe from becoming sick from another child. I even cancel play dates if my children or myself are under the weather. Yes, I know that I can not prevent my children from ever getting sick but if us as parents all work together to help prevent the spread of germs I truly believe that kids would not get sick as much as they do. Can you believe that on average children get sick as much as 6-8 times per year. That is crazy ridiculous! Maybe this blog was only a venting of my frustration and it won't do anything to change things but I will continue to do my part to fight against the battle of ugly germs! Ickkk!!!

2 comments:

familymclean said...

I totally agree with you and have actually said very rude things and dragged my kids home on a few accounts of there being sick kids at these public play places.
I to cancel dates and become a hermit, passing along sickies is not fun!

familymclean said...

Oh , and here is my e-mail.
damclean (at) accesscomm (dot) ca