CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Weekend of Renewal!

So life has been busy the last week and a bit. We have almost finished planting the garden, everything except for the peas and raspberry's. We were hit with a frost a couple of nights ago though and it got at a couple of our tomato plants and pepper plants. We didn't think to cover them. I don't know much about gardening yet but I am hoping they will recover. We have been very diligent this year to water though and the rain a few days ago did wonders for the garden! I am very excited to see how much stuff we get.

This past weekend I had the privilege of going to a Women's Conference called 'Shine'. Skip looked after both of the kids and I had Friday night and all day Saturday to refresh and rejuvenate. It was a weekend full of self discovery, spiritual renewal, and meeting wonderful new people. In fact I met a fellow blogger named Anna, here is the link to her blog http://lifeisgoodatthebeach.ca/. It is actually a very funny and exciting story! On Friday nights dinner I was sitting at an empty table feeling quite lonely because I had gone to the conference by myself. Then along comes three lovely ladies. They asked me if they could sit there and of course I said "Yes". I soon found out that it was two girls and their mother. We began chatting and we started sharing nursing stories, I mentioned my friend Anna from http://www.borderline-bonkers.blogspot.com/ and figured out that she new her as well. What a small world we live in!

On Sunday afternoon Skyla and I went to a ballet production. Skyla loves ballet and we thought it would be a nice mother daughter thing to do together. Anna from the conferences niece just happened to be in it and she was a frog! It was absolutely delightful and Skyla just loved it! We will be enrolling Skyla in ballet as soon as she is old enough.

Anyway here are the gardening pictures I promised as well as a few others.


Skyla helping out with her new wheel barrow. She just loved being able to help daddy and mommy haul dirt back and forth.



Here is Skyla and daddy planning out the garden. Skyla wanted to plant cake in the garden!
My lovely little girl planning her garden!

Me planting tomatoes, herbs, and flowers into some pots.



Skyla had fun getting wheel barrow rides from daddy. She even went in with all the dirt in! I told you she got dirty. She loved it though.


Our little army dude! He just blends right in! He loved crawling around in the grass. Only thing is he also loves to put things in his mouth.


Daddy started a game with the tarp we used to cover the dirt. It all ended when Skyla got dirt in her eye!


Skyla looks like a little movie star in her new sunglasses. I have to say that she is just the prettiest little girl ever!

This is how much dirt we got. It's hard to tell in the picture but it is even covering the side of the neighbors lawn. Oops!







Here is Duncan getting into his normal mischief. I still have to baby proof the cupboards.

My little boy loves to snuggle. Oh so cute! And he is such a mommy's boy too.


Kisses from the big sister! She just loves him. (Well most of the time!)
Look at our beefy little boy. He really has muscles!
This last picture is a picture of the Mothers Day breakfast that Skip made for me. Pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries. And bacon as well. Yummy!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so sweet. Everything happens for a reason, and I should tell you that normally, I would not bother someone at a table, assuming that you would be waiting for another person. But, since my Sister's friend forgot to reserve us a table, my Sister was on a mission. And your table was were she felt we were to sit. It was such a pleasure to meet you and to meet Skylar on Sunday. Hopefully, on my next visit we will get to meet again and with the kids.

You aren't too far from my Sister, I don't think and it looks like the two of you could chat about gardens together. You really have taken on a big challenge with all that dirt and plantings. But there is nothing nicer that seeing everything you plant grow and flourish.