So, I used to think that I was an introvert but now I am not so sure. I have realized lately that I am energized by being around people and I get down if I am not. But then again, I still really need my time alone to myself to think. I am also a very quiet and laid back person. I often have a lot going on in my head and I really think through things before I say things. I usually don't say something unless I really have to or really feel the need. It takes me a while to warm up to people and open up but once I do and I find someone that I really click with I usually have know problem carrying on a conversation. I guess you could say that I am very introspective. Some people talk as they think (or think as they talk) but I think (sometimes for a very long time) and then I talk. I don't know if there is such thing as a combination introvert and extrovert but I think that is what I am. I like to be around people, go out, have a fun time, but at the same time I am very quiet. I guess this is why I have been going stir crazy at home with very little adult interaction.
I went out with a new friend last night and had a great time of conversation. I felt very energized when I came home.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Am I an introvert or an extrovert?
Posted by Melanie at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
People are shocked when I say that I am shy. But, it is so true! I am shy, it is really hard for me to meet new people but once I do, it is nearly impossible to shut me up. Then my extroverted side comes out. I do enjoy my quiet time as well though.
Post a Comment