CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

A Whirlwind of Activity!

The past couple of weeks have been jam packed full of fun and excitement! At the end of June Skip's Auntie Frieda and Cousin Todd came for a visit. For some reason though we did not take any pictures of that event. Skip's Auntie took many but I think that we just did not stop moving enough to take any.

After that my parents came out for a visit which was super nice because we haven't seem since Duncan was born a whole year ago! Together, along with Skip's brother and brothers family, we celebrated Duncan 1st birthday! It is so hard to believe that my little baby boy is already one year old! It seems like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the very first time. What an adventure it has been. It is certainly different having a boy than it is having a girl. Duncan just does not stop moving! He is very near to walking. He has been taking more and more independent steps every day. Just yesterday my dad and I witnessed four steps in a row! Boy! When he starts walking you just won't be able to stop him!

While my parents were here we had amazing weather. Lots of sunny days! Just perfect for the beach! So that is where we headed on a Sunday afternoon. But when we got there it turned windy and cold, so we gobbled down some fish and chips and headed home with two very tired children none the less. It was still a fun filled day.

Well now my parents are gone and we can whined down to our every day routine. It's kind of nice but it's kind of not. It was nice have adult company as much as I enjoy my children.

I will leave you with some pictures and the heads up that I am taking a little bit of a blogging hiatus. I am going through a little bit of soul searching and just need a little bit of down time to figure things out.


The simplest birthday cake I have ever made. A shovel. One of Duncan's favorite things. That is the first thing he grabs when we go outside! Here is big sister and cousins helping him to blow out his candle.
Yum! This candle looks good! I think I will just give it a try!
Skyla's new doll stroller. This is her reward for staying in her bed.

Skyla needed to try out Duncan's new car. She liked it a lot. Almost too much!
Duncan is finally trying out his new car. He liked it a lot. Almost too much!

Duncan was too interested in opening up gifts so the cousins and big sister did it for him.
He really like his new dump truck though. Anything to do with the sand box.


He also really liked his new hot wheels cars from Uncle Riley!


Skyla enjoyed chasing the seagulls at the beach. She spent the last half hour of our time there running up and down chasing them all around. So cute! She was laughing and laughing!
Skyla with Grandpa and Nana. She really enjoyed having them around.
Skyla saw a rainbow in the back yard for the very first time. She just kept explaining, "A Rainbow! A rainbow!
The morning of Duncan's B-day!
Mommy's big boy!



1 comments:

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Hi Melanie,

finally had a chance to drop over, Happy birthday to Duncan! He is such a cutie pie :-)

Hope you figure things out with blogging, it's all a bit of a mystery sometimes isn't it?

Good luck!