I have discovered my green thumb and my new hobby. I love my garden! It is like my sanctuary. While I am in there all my troubles and worries just seem to fade away. Last year I did not have the time or energy to devote to the garden. The weeds took over the garden and our brand new baby boy took over our lives. But now that he is older and the kids play on their own a lot more I have a lot more time to devote to the garden and I am loving it. While the kids are napping or in bed for the night I go out there pull weeds and water. It doesn't seem like work to me it is just pure enjoyment. Even though the highway is right behind us I don't even hear it all I hear is the sound of the birds chirping and the squirrels squeaking, (and occasionally a bark from our noisy dog)!
Tomatoes are the main thing that we have planted in the garden. But we also have peppers; zucchini; pumpkin; cucumbers; carrots; strawberries; onions; potatoes; peas; spinach; radishes; and even a watermelon plant! Everything is growing beautifully, except this time I have managed to keep weeds at bay.
So if any of you need any gardening advice you can ask me because I think I know a thing or two! Here are a few amateur pictures of the garden. I am more of a people photo taker and haven't really the slightest clue on how to take good pictures of scenery.
Friday, June 20, 2008
My Garden, My Sanctuary!
Posted by Melanie at 3:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment