CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

All the business that October brought!

So October was another busy month for us. It seems like though that we have had a busy couple of years since moving to Regina and having Duncan. Life sure seems to keep us on our toes. The little ones keep life exciting as usual and help us to slow down when we are becoming to absorbed in projects and problems. Especially ones that involve finances or relationship problems. We have seemed to have had our share of those. But we always seem to make things work one way or another whether it comes to our marriage or finances. If life were easy though how would we grow and learn all those valuable life lessons? God seems to know when and where we need to be pushed and stretched. And where we just need to have a little more faith.

The months of September and October Skip spent building the kids a tall kid deck with a ladder and a slide. It is attached to a brand new cedar deck that is fenced in for wind protection and as a little buffer for the noise of Ring Road to the back of us. It is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to actually use it come next Spring!

My job was painting the whole interior living area of the house. It looks so much better than the boring snot coloured yellow that was here when we moved in. Some of the walls are a beigy brown colour where others are a milk chocolate is how I can best describe it.

We tried to get Zoose to where this cat costume for halloween but he just wouldn't go for it as you can see in the next photo where he is trying to paw it off.


He did look just so cute though. We have a great dog!
Here are all the pumpkins that I carved all by myself. (The kids helped me scoop out the goo.) Yes, I did use templates but I still think I did a pretty good job. People seemed to really enjoy them. (The bottom one is my own design. Simple but cute!)


Skip was a viking, Skyla was a "Good witch." or a "Fairy god mother" as Skip insisted she call it, and Duncan was a pirate, or "pitate" as he would say. So cute.







The new deck is absolutely beautiful. I love it!




The day before halloween we ended up buying a brand new vehicle. Our Van was costing us an average of $300 a month in repairs. Not that we were having to repair it each month but every couple of months we were surprised by 1000 to $2000 in repairs that needed to be done. We decided that we would be much better off buying a new vehicle that was reliable and better on gas than our gas guzzling pig of a van. I totally love the new car. It has everything we need and it even has two extra seats if you need them. Not huge but roomy enough for our little family at the moment.


Skip's Uncle gave Skip this little fire fighters shirt when Skip was two. He worked for the Regina Fire Department back then. We found this in a drawer and pulled it out for Duncan to wear.






And last but not least our trip to the pumpkin patch. Loads of fun! Bye for now.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your car looks like a silver blue colour, is it?
I love Skyla's picture of her in the car.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures again, Melanie. I really like the pumpkin patch ones. Glad you have a vehicle that won't break down all the time.
Take care,
Love, Auntie Helen