CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

The Month of May

May was a really big and busy month for us. From trying to get the garden bed prepared and then seeded to going to visit my sister and her husband and their new little baby, lots was going on. In the middle of the month my parents came to visit after stopping in to see the new little one as well. We had a wonderful visit with them. Below are some pictures of our trip to the Bird Sanctuary.







After my parents left we had a few short days to ourselves in order to pack and get ready for a short trip out to Saskatoon for Skip's brother Riley's University Graduation family get together. Then it was off to Red Deer for another short visit with Skip's Aunt and Uncle. Afterwards we zoomed off to Calgary to visit the new little bundle of joy. The kids had fun hiding in the suitcases while I was trying to pack for our trip. We joked that we should book two tickets to Disney Land and just stow the kids away in the suitcases! They fit so nice and snug in there.


Where are the kids? They've gone missing? Have you seen them Skip?


Oh and just in time for my parents to come we finally pretty much finished our bathroom renovation! Yay! Aside from a few decorative touches everything is done and looking very spiffy I might add. It looks to me like an article from a home decorating magazine or an advertisement for the spa! I love it! And Skip should be very proud because he did all the work himself!




The trip was long in the van but the kids did amazingly well. I am just thankful that it wasn't super hot or super cold.



We had lots of fun at my sisters. Hopefully the kids weren't to crazy for them! Hey, we were just preparing them for this stage of parenthood. The crazy toddler/preschooler age!



It was my birthday at the beginning of this month. The kids and Skip got me some lovely gardening/beach hats. I love them! Oh, and I love the kids too!


I also went on a big much needed shopping spree while in Calgary and bought myself a few new outfits. This shirt was one of them. And I almost forgot, for mothers day Skip surprised me with a portable dishwasher. This was all thanks to our wonderful income tax return. Gotta love the Income Tax Return!





















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Skyla & Duncan
at Trina & Michael's the one with Duncans hair sticking up I sure laughed at that one, and the ones with the sun hat.

Great pictures.
Love Mom

BeachMama said...

Wow, that is a busy May! You look great! I love your new top, so fresh and summery. Skip did a great job on the bathroom, we have one of those that needs to be done, but will have to wait for a bit.

Hope you get a chance to slow down in June and enjoy some summer fun.

Anna-b-bonkers said...

Wow the kids have grown so much!!
I love the new top, it is adorable!
And thank you for the comment, we are still adjusting here with the new babe, wow, three is so different than two no matter what anyone says!

Kristi Hopf: said...

Happy belated birthday! I love the yellow top that you bought! very nice, cute and stylish!