CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Baby turns 3!

Yes, it has been a long long time since I last made a post. This time I have no excuse except that I have really not had anything to blog about from my last post until now except a whole lot of illness and hence kids that don't sleep well at night. I have been pretty tired and drained.

The biggest thing that has happened lately is that my little baby, Skyla, turned 3 years old! It seems like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms for the first time. Now she is this smart, beautiful, and witty little girl. She makes me so proud when I think about the little girl that she is growing up to be. She is really a wonderful little person and I love her so much. I love watching her grow and develop. Her little personality just shines and becomes more brilliant with each and every passing day.

We had a great time celebrity our little girls special day. We had my mom come in from Prince George which was the first time that she has been able to make it to Skyla's birthday. It really meant a lot to Skyla. We also had Grandpa Colin and Grandma Margaret come from Saskatoon.

Whoops! I don't know what happened but the other Chuck E. Cheese pictures kind of got mixed up in order so they are further down.

We started out our day by having muffins which Skip picked up at Robin's Donuts. This is a family tradition from Skip's childhood so we adopted it as our own. Skyla then opened her birthday presents.


This is the dress that I bought Skyla for her birthday. She won't wear anything but dresses so I am stocking up on them. She is definitely my little girly girl!

She got this outfit from Grandpa Colin and Grandma Margaret. I am surprised that she even went for the skirt but she did. Usually she doesn't like waist bands.

Duncan, just being his usual goofy self.

Skyla's flowers from Daddy. I think Duncan likes them more than her though.

In the afternoon we headed off to Chuck E. Cheese's to have so fun. The kids love that place and so do Mommy and Daddy.

Okay, I don't know what happened here but this is a picture from Skyla's Princess birthday party a couple days later. The pictures are really out of order. Sorry!




Skyla had a princess crown birthday cake for the family party. When she saw it she said, "Oh Mommy! It's beautiful!". It made me feel good.





For her kid birthday party Skyla had a Princess theme. Her and her friends made Princess Crowns, bracelets, and necklaces. They had cupcakes decorated with pink and purple icing and sprinkles. I think every one had a good time.
So it was a fun filled weekend for all and now my baby is 3!


















5 comments:

Kristi Hopf: said...

Happy Birthday Skyla!!
And I agree Mel - the cake is beautiful! I still remember the cakes my mom made for me, so I am sure this will be such a special memory for her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pics. What a little princess Skyla is!! I love the pic of Duncan with the huge grin on his face. I agree with Kristi, what a neat cake, I can't believe you made that all by yourself, my poor kids always had the weirdest looking birthday cakes that I made, I am sure they were scarred for life!! ha ha. love you guys. marilyn

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Skyla!! I think I know one of your Princesses and her Mommy ;). Looks like you had a wonderful birthday, hope you had fun with all your Princess partying!

p.s. love the new look on the site!

Anonymous said...

Great birthday party and family pictures, Melanie. I'm so glad your Mom could be there to help celebrate. Skyla is growing up into such a lovely little girl. Hugs to Skyla and Duncan - Love, Auntie Helen

Anonymous said...

Was so much to be at your birthday party.
I had a fun time being with you and your brother, miss you both and your Mom & Dad too.

Come to Nana's place sometime in Prince George.

Love & Kisses
Nana