And another large gap in posts! I am kind of sorry but kind of not. Lots has been happening around here. After the kids got sick I indeed did get sick. Woke up this last weekend with a bad sore throat, scratchy watery eyes, and a stuffy nose. Skip ended up staying home from work Monday and Tuesday to look after the kids. To top off the bad cold I had a case of insomnia for a few days. I absolutely could not fall asleep. Took cold medication and everything. Still could not sleep. And to top that off our dog Zoose had a case of restlessness as well. He just would not stop wandering around the house and barging into the bedrooms while we were trying to get some sleep. The kids slept. Mommy and Daddy did not sleep! So my extreme exhaustion is my excuse for not blogging this time. And isn't there always an excuse?
We have also been doing a lot of decluttering and organizing around the house lately. Especially the basement. Being unfinished it has pretty much become a junk collector these days. Everything that we don't know what to do with goes down stairs with no particular place to put it! But it is coming along now and maybe one day if we get some money we will finish the basement! Oh and Skip put a lower hand railing on the stairs for the kids, so that when it is tidy they can go down there and play.
We have spent lots of days just lying around due to sickness and tiredness. But it has been good family time. Lots of laughs and snuggles!
Popcorn! Our favorite snack these days. And I know some of you would scoff at the fact that our not even one and half year old is eating popcorn. Heck, some of you would scoff at our two year old eating popcorn. I know, "They can choke.". Don't worry "popcorn melts" as my husband would say.
More lazy days in front of the TV (scorn)!
Duncan has developed a love for Dinosaurs. Skip had these ones when he was a little boy. Duncan is definitely a boy. He has all the sound effects and everything! Too cute!
And he has also developed a love for climbing up on the table much to Mommy's chagrin!
Here's a funny story for you. We got a children's nativity scene. It is a 'play mobile' one. So we got it out the other day. It is for age 4 and up. It has small parts. We put it up on the table. Duncan climbed up and was playing with it. He lost some parts. We found some parts. All except for this chain that is pictured below. It is supposed to hold the pot over the fire as pictured below. We made a comment about how it would probably turn up in Duncan's poop one day. Sure enough the next day Skip was changing Duncan's diaper and there was the chain entangled in Duncan's poop. Lovely. We used a tooth pick to fish it out but we both got a gold finger. Yuck. That is our oral obsessed boy for you!


Today we went to the "Festival of Trees". It was good family fun. The kids really enjoyed looking at all the brightly lit trees and they also got to see Santa! Skyla loved sitting on Santa's lap this year and telling him what she wanted for Christmas! She even went and saw him again. However, Duncan wasn't as impressed and I was only able to snap one not so good picture before he started to cry and squirm for Daddy. Oh well, next year. Skyla didn't like him last year either.




3 comments:
How funney about the chain.
I guess you really have to watch him.
We went to the festival of trees here also at our place today and went out for lunch, then Christmas shopping, we were out from 10:30 am till 5:00 pm.
I have been waiting for more pictures.
Give our grand kids a big hug from us.
Love lots
Grandpa & Nana
Hi Melanie, absolutely lovely pictures, sooo funny about Duncan's little taste test. I love the picture of Skyla with Santa, she looks like an angel. I love seeing all these pictures of them. Feel like I can see them grow and know what they are up to. thanks. take care love you guys.
aunty marilyn
It has been a crazy time around here too! I had to laugh at the chain, my younger Sister used to eat everything . Eliz and I used to fight over who got to change her diaper to see what she had pooped out. Love the new festive look, hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment