This post is devoted to my beautiful children. They are truely the light of my life. (And my husband is as well, and without him I would not have my two wonderful kids!) Every time I look at my kids I am reminded of how four years ago I did not think that I would ever have children, of my own at least, or at least not from my own womb. I remember the multiple miscarriages I had. I remember how three and a half years ago I was lying in a hospital bed after waking up from a surgery where they had to remove my left tube after it ruptured and losing so much blood that I almost died. I remember lying there and thinking that I wasn't even going to try any more for this thing that I wanted most in the whole wide world because it was causing me too much pain both physically and emotionally. I remember believing that God hated me and was punishing me for my shady past and that is why He would not allow me to have any children. I remember Skip telling me how he went home and cried that night because he was so afraid of losing me and was so relieved that I was going to be okay.
But now I look at my two beautiful children and am so thankful to God that he spared my life and gave me these wonderful precious gifts. They are truely my little miracles and I thank God every day for them. I also thank Him that they are healthy and smart. I thank Him that we have food to give them each day because I think about all the kids in third world countries that are dying because they have no food to eat. I think of the parents that have to sit by and watch their kids starve to death. I look at the pictures of our 'World Vision' kids that we support and wish that I could do more. We are a blessed family. This is a blessed nation that we live in. We are really truely blessed and we need to be greatful for the great gifts that God has given us.




3 comments:
Amen to that! Well said!
Great post. I hadn't realized that you and I have had similar experiences leading to our wonderful children. Just another thing we have in common. They are so beautiful and you are so blessed.
**Gorgeous new look on your blog.
You are so right, children are a precious gift from God. What beautiful pictures, I especially like the one of Duncan holding the flowers and of Skyla in her princess outfit. Love seeing the pictures. Love you
Aunty Marilyn
Post a Comment