My return to blogging would have been much sooner but we got a computer scare that left us fearing that our computer might crash. Several times while I was trying to do something on the Internet our computer just shut down automatically. So we didn't turn on the computer at all fearing that we might lose all of our precious photographs. Something like four thousand of them or more! And I am not joking! So Skip went out and bought an external hard drive that would hold all our programs and keep them safe. Now I am going to try to keep up with the blogging at least weekly.
So for the reason I have decided to keep blogging. When I first starting blogging it was to keep friends and family updated as to what was going on in our lives. But then after meeting some other fellow bloggers and hearing about how many hits and comments they had on their blogs, I guess you could say I got a little jealous. No one ever really commented on my blog, at least not very often, and I wasn't even sure if any of my friends and family ever read it, besides my mom. So I kind of wondered what was the point. But then I heard from my mom that a few of my Aunts had been reading it and really enjoyed it. Then Skip mentioned a cousin of his that had been reading it and loved it as well. So I decided I didn't need the super popular blog as long as the people that really mattered in my life were reading and loving it. So there you have it, the reason why I blog and am going to keep on blogging.
And now for what has been going on in our lives. When life is stressful or gets me down there always seems to be good times that keep me going and smiling and still enjoying life. This past weekend our friends Blake and Paula and their two kids Bailey (six) and Lewis (three and a half) came for an overnight stay. We had fun with the kids just watching them have a good time.
On Sunday we decided to take the kids to Regina Buffalo Days. What a blast! Both Skyla and Duncan rode the merry-go-round. And then Skyla went on the caterpillar, and the bumble bee.
Then we went into the petting zoo where the kids got to pet the goats, lama, and horses. Skyla then had a pony ride which she absolutely loved! She kept saying to Skip who was walking beside her, "I don't want Daddy anymore.". She took it so seriously and I think it kind of made her feel like a big girl. The kids had such a full day that they both zonked out in the car on the way home and both slept for a couple of hours.







Here is Skyla trying to hog Duncan's new toy for his birthday from Skip's Aunt. Skyla takes over a lot of his stuff and he is too little to fight back. But not for long! Duncan will soon catch up I think.
Duncan finally gets his toy to himself and he enjoys it immensely!
Duncan has always like to sleep on his tummy with his bum in the air. I thought that he just looked so sweet and I had to take a picture.
The other day Skyla decided to get out her Mrs. Potato head after a long time of being in the toy box. She went to work creating a wacky, mixed up, backward Mrs. Potato head. She was really concentrating on what she was doing.
3 comments:
Hey Melanie,
I am not the type to leave lots of comments on peoples blogs, but I do check yours out faithfully. Give me a call and we should meet for coffee this week!
So glad to hear you are back to blogging. I love when I click on your blog and see that it has been updated :)
Hey Mel,
Glad you're back online!! Love new haircut by the way - looks great on you!
Kristi
PS: Hi to Skip
Post a Comment